Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The best years of your life







We are wild and young
We have just begun

So slow it down you move a little too fast
You take a deep breath, you make this last
These should be the best days of your life
So right, so right, tonight

I said we are wild and young
Oh, we are wild and young

Well, her free fall came a little out of the blue

What happened to the days of doing what we wanted to do?

I really, really like this song. A lot. 
I think it inspired me to write this because, well, 
because people my age are taking life way too seriously. 
So many have recently been getting engaged, married, 
thinking about children. 
We have our whole lives to do this! Why now? 
Can't we just take our time? 
What's the rush? 

I know people always say 
"Well, we don't live forever." 
Yeah, I know that. Thanks. 
But still, we do have a life 
so let's LIVE IT!   
A "friend" of mine got married this summer. 
Before we even started our senior year. 
Why? 
Because she's crazy. As is her "husband." 
So weird. 
But seriously.. why now? 
Don't you just want to live? We're young, let's act young! 

"We are wild and young." 
The guy in this song is like me. 
What is the point of settling down right now 
when we're just going to uproot ourselves 
and find jobs. 
Now, we can worry about just us 
instead of us plus one. 

We need to live like it's our last day, every day  
to its fullest. 
I'm just afraid that by settling down early
these people are missing out on some many things. 
We're in college! Let's experience it. 

                 I really like this quote: 

Not to sound corny or anything, but it's true. 
These people are missing out on some 
important rights of passage. 
It's college. Come on. Seriously? 



No comments:

Post a Comment