Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Only Exception



Maybe I know, somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone
Keep a straight face
And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable, distance
And up until now
I had sworn to myself that I'm
Content with loneliness
Because none of it was ever worth the risk

- Paramore, The Only Exception 



I know the above song lyric doesn't match the picture, 
but I really like both of them a lot. 
That lyric speaks more to me than the rest of the song 
since I have not found that "only exception" that hayley sings about. 
And the picture just makes sense to me, 
this man gave up everything he had for this one person, 
and he got shot down. He lost everything. 
Which is unfortunate. 
Do you ever feel that way, like you give everything up for one thing 
and then it falls through? 
I've put myself in this man's place many times. 
I've put myself out there, for everyone to see 
and just get disappointed. 
And the thing about life is that you have to keep doing this
over and over and over again. 
That's just the way it is. 
Sometimes I just wish things were different, you didn't have to be 
vulnerable 
and susceptible to others say and just live your own life. 
But that's impossible. 
If you've found a way to do that, then you should let me know. 
I'm always open to suggestions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment