Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011, A New Beginning

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

Welcome to 2011, the year of my college graduation. The last full year before the end of the world (2012 and everything). In the words of Oprah, "Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right."

I wanted to update you on what happened to my grandma. Unfortunately, she passed away on December 19th. It was pretty rough on my whole family. Her funeral was Thursday, two days before Christmas. I cried, which was to be expected. My five year old cousin was in tears throughout the funeral, which just made it worse for me. She's so young and it's hard for her to understand why Grandma isn't coming back. 

I think I cried more for my grandpa and aunt than my grandma. I've come to terms with her death, but I feel so bad for them. They lived with her and were the closest to her. Now they're lost without her. My grandpa has never paid bills. After her death, he wrote a check to the city he lived in. Now who is going to cash that Grandpa? The mayor? All joking aside, I know my grandma is in a better place, mostly fishing with my aunt in heaven. I wonder how many fishing poles they've lost so far. 

Christmas was different this year. On the one hand, no one was really in the mood since my grandma had just passed away. But on the other hand, we sort of hand Christmas in shifts for the first time ever. I guess that's what happens when people grow up and have families. Well, this girl has not grown up yet nor does she plan on having a family ANY time soon. Anyway, I got a Wii which was really not expected. I also got a pair of jeans, a sweater, an iHome, a fleece jacket thing, a jewelry tree, a Maurices gift card (which I am spending on Wednesday) and a DVD. I had a pretty good year. 

People are always asking what I want to do before I die, my bucket list for instance. Well, one of the things on my list it to be in Times Square in NYC on New Year's Eve. How awesome would that be? 

Unfortunately, I did not spend my New Year's Even at this place. I went to a party that my sister had. Whoa, quite the party. This was my first official I'm-going-to-celebrate-as-an-actual-adult NYE. But I didn't drink much because my friend brought her jerk of a boyfriend, creating unneeded drama. The Cliffnotes version? I almost punched the guy in the face. Crazy right? I totally know this. 

On an extremely positive note, I'm going to Chicago this weekend! A couple of months ago, I was looking at my favorite band's website, Shinedown, and noticed they were going to be doing a concert in Chicago, and I looked at ticket prices on another website. I noticed that there were tickets available for Wicked (http://www.wickedthemusical.com/) which I have always wanted to see. One thing led to another and my two best friends and I were going! 

Now, the time is here. And I couldn't be more excited. I've never been to Chicago and it should be a great time. 

I'm currently working on a project. I'm putting four years of college pictures together to make a nice DVD. Maybe I'll give them to my friends are presents? Oh, that's a good idea. Go me. But yes, it's crazy to think that I will be done with college soon. But I'm excited for the future.


Like I said, this is 2011 - A New Beginning. I'm graduating, starting over. I'm taking this thought and I'm going to make it last. It's only four days into the year and I've had lots of people ask me what my New Year's resolution(s) is/are. Well, let me think about it. 
1. Learn to manage my money. Right now, I'm really bad at it. 
2. Don't move in with parents after graduation (okay so I don't know if this is a resolution or a goal or what, but I definitely want to follow through with it)
3. Create and stick to a regular work out schedule. 
4. Try new foods 
5. I'm also going to try Project 365, taking a picture every day. We'll see how it goes. I might post them here. I might post them on Fliker. I haven't decided. 
Those sound good to me. Hopefully I'll stick to them. 

I must depart now, but I just wanted to update my dear blog about my life. I'll be more witty and clever next time. I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment