Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The first CD that was pressed in the U.S. was Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA


That's my niece. She was my model that day. The assignment for my photography class was to make a montage. I decided to make one that had a message and this one is pretty clear. It's called 'What are your children listening to?'

Music is a big part of my life. Seriously, I don't know what I would do without it.
I feel like the quality of music has definitely gone down. My niece is four, going on five, and I don't like that certain music is available for her to listen to. The lyrics in this picture are from songs by Snoop Dogg and the Notorious B.I.G, two rappers known for degrading women and talking about doing drugs and alcohol.

I'm not talking about censoring music or anything. But I just feel like the bar has been lowered. Anything is considered good music these days when in reality, it's really not that good. It's more annoying. Does anyone else feel this way?

Music is important, but it's just the crap that gets through and becomes popular. Oh, don't get me started on Justin Bieber, Miley, of the song Imma Bee.
Ridiculous.


No comments:

Post a Comment