Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Air Conditioners.. How about those things?!

I know, weird title
But that's what I hear right now
Is our air conditioner
So I decided to make a joke
About them.
But then I couldn't think
Of a punchline.
I know, great joke.

Today is indeed a Tuesday.
Shocking.
Yesterday was Monday.
Surprise!
It was been a very miserable
and icky two days.
Rain,
Clouds,
Blah.
Don't get me wrong.
I happen to love storms.
But THUNDERstorms.
Like spitting rain.
That dampens the bottom
Of your pants
And covers your glasses with mist.
But doesn't actually rain.
Yeah, that kind.

Currently I'm watching Dirty Dancing
And honoring the late and great
Patrick Swayze.
What a great actor he was.
I remember the first time I watched DD.
I fell in love. Instantly
And then I saw Ghost
and made plans to become
Morgan Swayze.
Sadly he was already married.

No matter how famous or popular you are,
You can still fall.
I guess I always saw
Celebrities as immortal.
Nothing could happen to them.
But they are people too, ya know?

I really love 80's movies in general.
The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink,
St. Elmo's Fire, 16 Candles,
Footloose, Flashdance, DD.
You name it, I like it.

Oh snap, its a really good part of the movie.
Where Baby and Johnny
are dancing in his room.
He's shirtless and yummy.
And then they DO it.
Sigh..

Well my laundry is complete
So I have to depart.
But I wanted to share some quotes
That I have collected over the past
Coupld of days that make me laugh.
Hokay:
1. "You've just inspiried a new drink: the Yummytini!" I don't remember where this is from, but it was funny.
2. "I am one seriously satisfied chick who makes men quake so much with pleasure, their packages practically need a seismograph." This was a result of a Cosmo quiz on how sexually active I am, or something like that. How good I am in bed? One of those dumb quizzes anyway.
3. "In France, the cheese is alive. You don't just stuff it in the fridge. Would you put your cat in the fridge? No, the cat is alive. As is the cheese. In America, the cheese is dead. The fridge is the morgue. It's a place to put the dead cheese." This was hilarious. From a video my class and I watched in Marketing.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaaa :)

    Do you own The Breakfast Club? I want to see it- we could have a movie night! Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have The Breakfast Club! I would love to have a movie night. When and where? Any other 80's movie you'd like to see..

    I knew you'd like the seismograph Nicole.. I just knew :)

    ReplyDelete