Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dreams..

I have been having some pretty strange dreams lately.

Not the kind where you wake up as a carrot or you're being chased by a large hamster (both of which I have dreamed of), the kind that seem really.. well, real.

Two nights ago, I dreamt I had an arranged marriage. Yeah, talk about coming from left field.

My husband's name was Sam, he was a red-headed, attractive guy and I wasn't complaining about having to marry him. It was the fact that I had no part in planning my wedding whatsoever that got me so upset (during my dream). I had no idea what my dress looked like until I tried it on the day of my wedding. I didn't even know if there wasn't going to be a pastor there to marry us. I was completely clueless. And, on top of it, my dad drunkly walked me down the aisle. It was horrible. I don't remember anything other than that. I just remember being extremely upset the whole day. And poor Sam was completely clueless.

My other dream also involved marriage. I was married to a friend from high school, who shall remain nameless. I did have a very (very, very, very) small crush on him in high school, but that was almost five years ago. I got over it. And I just saw him a couple of months ago and that crush did NOT return, let me tell you. He's still as weird as he was in high school.

Anyway, in my dream, we were married and lived on a beach with my best friends from college and their husbands. I distinctly remember us driving in a car somewhere, but I don't know where. I hate how I don't remember now, when I did with great clarity this morning. Ugh.

But why have my dreams been focused on marriage and the future these last couple of days? What is going on inside my subconscious that is making me have dreams like this?

I Googled "dream interpretations" and then looked up marriage, engagements.. etc. Here's what I got.


Wedding

  • To dream of a wedding indicates your life is about to change. An aspect of your waking life is ending, but another is about to begin. In many cases, you may feel negatively about the wedding you see in your dreams. This is typically meant to bring to mind a fear or anxiety from your waking life. You may have some feelings of sorrow, or a loved one may soon pass. Conversely, it may indicate a fear of commitment. Consider your relationships; are you getting ready to take one to the 'next level?' Are you scared to do so?
  • To dream of a wedding dress foreshadows new and exciting experiences. You may meet people who you will grow to cherish as valued friends.
  • To dream that you are engaged to be married suggests your desire for intimacy or companionship. You could be attempting to quell your sense of isolation. www.dreamforth.com

Are you the type of person who believes dreams actually have meaning or are they random thoughts of your subconscious? I am... on the fence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment