Monday, May 17, 2010

Distractions



It seems like it happens all the time to me. I walk into my room with the determination to do homework.

Yes, I'll get this and this and this done.

So I sit at my desk and pull out various notebooks and books, click some pens, and wait.

No ideas? Okay, well I'll pull up the internet. My homepage is Facebook.

He did what? Wait, who's she dating? Oh then someone pops up on chat.

Well, they wanted to talk so I must now hold a conversation.. that lasts for fifteen minutes. Facebook is usually a 20 minute distraction

Crap, I was doing my homework. I need music to keep me occupied. iTunes! Yes.

I plug in my iPod and look through some playlists. I'm not finding anything really, so I look at the iTunes store. 10 minutes later, I close out.. spending $5 on some new songs.

I did it again! Shoot, I have to do my homework!

I put the pen to paper and write a few sentences of meaningless garble. I click the pen, again and again.

Wait! I was supposed to get an email from my professor.

I pull up Google Chrome and check my email, which leads me to checking my Gmail, which leads me to checking Twitter. I don't know why though.

Someone tweeted me! Well I must now reply. And add another tweet. 10 minutes on Twitter,

Well that was fun.. My cursor is over the 'x' when wait, is that Ray William Johnson's new video?

Youtube! I click on my subscriptions and see how far behind I am in my videos. I should probably catch up and get these off my queue.

Thirty minutes later, I'm done. It's been almost an hour since I originally started my homework.

Look at that, it's time for dinner. They're waiting for me.

Dinner usually lasts an hour and a half.

Almost three hours later, I sit down again to do my homework.

My phone buzzes. A text? Nope, a call from my mom.

Twenty minutes later, I finally get my homework started.

Oh I have an idea, I should blog about this.

Homework done? Nope.

I still wonder how I'm on the Dean's List...

No comments:

Post a Comment